Meridan State College has a commitment to providing vocational education and training to its students. To facilitate this Meridan State College has gained Registered Training Organisation (RTO) status and uses other RTOs to provide training where necessary.
All senior students participate in at least one Vocational Educational Training (VET) program, with over 50% of students completing additional VET qualifications through participation in regular classes. These qualifications will allow our students to move directly into the workforce with industry recognised qualifications.
Qualifications that are of a Certificate III or higher level will provide students with a selection rank that is used to gain university entry.
Via the Meridan State College RTO, students have the opportunity to gain qualifications in the following industries:
- Early Childhood Education & Care
- Information, Digital Media & Technology
- Kitchen Operations
- Outdoor Recreation
- Visual Arts
Meridan State College works in partnerships with other Registered Training Organisations to provide access to certificate qualifications in:
- Engineering Pathways
As part of the VET programs offered at Meridan State College, students also receive:
- Advice and information on career selection
- Assistance to develop resumes and portfolios
- Interview preparation and skills
- Opportunities to participate in Australian Traineeship and Apprenticeship programs
- Opportunities to participate in career information programs through external providers
Further information regarding the programs on offer can be found in our VET Pathway Handbook.