We believe that the junior secondary years are a time when your child will find their own unique and distinct identity (purpose). At Meridan State College, finding your purpose is where our students are encouraged and supported through learning opportunities to explore their passions, potential and future pathways. This is achieved by:
Ignite your PASSION
- Specifically designed curriculum embedding the general capabilities with a strong focus on critical and creative thinking.
- Specialist programs in HPE, Technology, Italian and the Arts allowing student to experience a range of subjects throughout the year.
- Extra curricula sporting development squads in 5 pillar sports: Rugby League, Basketball, Oztag, Volleyball and Netball.
- Extra curricula Dance squads including Elite, Impact, Acrobatics and Hip Hop Megacrew Performance Teams.
Develop your POTENTIAL
- Meridan State College's Junior Certificate of Education focused on student's academic success, creating a supportive learning environment and student's community involvement.
- Academic Academy (Academic Excellence) designed to develop students abilities Maths/Science, English/Humanities or Italian.
- Sports Academy (Sports Excellence) designed to develop students atheltic abilities.
- Dance Academcy (Dance Excellence) designed to embed dance principles into core curriculum, as well as developing students technical abilities.
- STEM Academy (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Excellence) designed to develop students abilities holistically in the STEM field.
Choose your PATHWAYS
- Junior Education and Training process (JET plan) focused on goal setting and future pathways planning.
- Subject offering that align to senior pathways in Health and Physical Education, Digital and Design Technology, Languages (Italian) and the Arts.
- Expert teaching teams and specifically designed learning spaces to enhance students experience in future pathways.
- Information, Communication and Technology focus to prepare students for a digital future.
Our dedicated Junior Secondary team looks forward to working in partnership with you to ensure your childs success at Meridan State College.