THE DANCE ACADEMY PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
Meridan State College is committed to a holistic-approach to student development across academic, sporting and cultural fields. The Dance Academy Performance Program aims to develop the dancer as a whole and foster a lifestyle of movement. The program aims to develop students physically, socially and emotionally for life now and long beyond their time at our College. Students can expect to be a part of a team culture that nurtures personal growth and technical development.
The Dance Academy Performance program includes our Year 7-8 Dance Immersion and Extension programs, our Year 9-12 classroom subjects, our Senior Certificate III in Dance and our Year 5-12 Extra-Curricular dance teams. It seeks to create and maintain high standards for student performance, behaviour and the development of the student as an elite athlete. Participation in the program is a privilege offered to our students. The development of our students is supported by our dedicated teachers with nationally accredited qualifications and industry experience.
We provide high-quality training, focused well-being development and professional performance experience with opportunities for students to compete at regional, state and national competitions. Competitions and training can occur outside of school curriculum time, and therefore a high level of commitment is required from all participants to maintain their position within the program.
DANCE ACADEMY CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PILLARS
Perseverance- you are not defined in a moment, but in the hours, weeks and months preparing for it
Attitude - success takes focus, commitment and discipline
Supportive - we rise by lifting others, I will always put the team first
Sharing - always be adventurous in the creation and sharing of your art form
Integrity - be fair, be kind, be brave and be yourself
Optimistic - I will work to be my best and always keep an open mind
Notable - I will leave a positive impact
The Dance Academy Performance Program aims to:
- Develop a positive mindset focused on striving for personal excellence in a team environment provide high-quality teaching and coaching to develop knowledge and skills through best-practice programs and structured support systems
- Foster the development of resilience, teamwork, persistence and discipline
- Provide opportunities to compete at regional, state and national levels
- Provide a culture of belonging to a team focusing on academic and performance excellence establish a supportive school environment
- Develop leadership and team-work skills
- Present diverse career pathways in the arts.
2021- TFT National Championships
10 Gold Medals, 12 Silver medals, 7 Bronze medals
2021- Brisbane Performing Arts Challenge
4 x teams 1st place, 3 x teams 2nd place, 3 x teams 3rd place
2021- Sunshine Coast Dance Eisteddfod
1 x teams 1st place, 2 x teams 2nd place, 3 x teams 3rd place