At Meridan State College we offer our International Students a personalised catered program, so we can ensure all students are provided with unique and rewarding opportunities during their stay at Meridan State College.
Meridan State College Location Map
Some of the program features are:
- Dedicated and experienced International Team and extensive Support Staff
- Dedicated International Room for our International students with cooking facilities
- Timetabled weekly EAL/D lessons (ESL Lessons) for our International students
- Weekly International Aussie Adventure Program including our Surf Skills Program
- Excellence Programs offered in Sport, Dance, Mathematics, Italian, and Music
- First Class Learning Facilities
- International Buddy Program
- Travel Opportunities each term to destinations such as Cairns, Lady Elliot Island, Tangalooma Island and Fraser Island with our International Coordinator
- Volunteering Program
- VET Registered Training Organisation, offering students the ability to obtain a qualification during their stay with us.
- Additional ESL and Tutor support for our Graduate International students
- First class Marine Science Program
- Day Trips offered to Australia Zoo, Noosa, Brisbane and local attractions
- Extra-curricular Meridan school based after school sporting options such as Basketball, Volleyball, Rugby League, Netball and OZ Tag.
- Extra-curricular school based options in Dance, Music, Photography, Art and Music Production
- University partnerships offering students pathway options after completion of their studies
- Meridan SC is located next door to an Aquatic Swimming Centre, Soccer and Hockey Club and within minutes to Tennis, Basketball, Netball, Dance and Football sporting clubs which allows students to partake in extra-curricular activities after school if they wish.
- On Line Learning
- All our host families are situated close to school, sporting clubs or the beach and provide loving and supportive homes for our students.
Meridan State College is located in the suburb of Little Mountain which is predominately a population of young established families, with local shops and parks within walking distance to the college, so the area is very safe and easy to access for our International Students.
Getting to and from school is very easy as the majority of our host families live within walking distance or a short bicycle ride to the college and for those not on the doorstep of our college, public transport is very accessible and close to the college making it a smooth process to start your day at Meridan College.
The public transport in general on the Sunshine Coast is very accessible making it easy for our International students to travel on their weekends and see what the beautiful Sunshine Coast has to offer.
Meridan State College is only 6kms to the township of Caloundra which is one of the Sunshine Coast's most popular tourist destinations offering an abundance of retail shops, restaurants, cafes, bowling alley, movie theatre and sporting clubs, aquatic centre and not to mention some of the best beaches you will ever see.
Caloundra is also where you will find the beautiful Pumicestone Passage where our turquoise waterway travels all the way to Bribie Island from Bulcock Beach, this is popular destination for boating, kite surfers and paddle boarders.
Meridan State College is only 3.6km's to some of the best Surf Beaches the Sunshine Coast has to offer such as Dicky's Beach, Shelly Beach and Kings Beach. Dicky Beach is where we will be conducting our Surf Awareness Class and Lessons for our International students during Term 1 and 3.
Meridan College is also situated next to Meridan Sporting Complex which allows our International students to join various sporting clubs after school or on the weekend for extra- curricular activities.
Please refer to our attached Meridan College Subject Selection Guide information on the right hand side of the page to provide you with an overview of the curriculum offerings here at Meridan College.