Updated 30 March 2021 2PM (full letter attached to this page)
Thank you for your support of our school community over the last two days during the 3 day lock down in Greater Brisbane.
I am pleased to confirm following advice from Queensland Health, our school will be open to students from tomorrow Wednesday 31 March 2021 as all school staff are considered essential workers.
Please be assured that all staff will continue to take the necessary precautions to ensure the health safety and well-being of students, staff and the broader school community.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide you with further updates should the health information change.
Parents who have been in the Greater Brisbane area since March 20, are not permitted on school sites and should comply with Queensland Heath Directions in relation to Greater Brisbane Lockdowns.
The following changes will still apply:
1. Primary assembly has been cancelled.
2. Instrumental Music @ Primary: no practices, the 'Beginner Bash' for Year 4 students scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has had to be postponed to a date to be advised in Term 2.
3. Unfortunately the Choir's Assembly performance and practices have had to be cancelled this week.
4. All dance rehearsals including primary are cancelled this week
5. MOCK Interviews and White Card Training postponed
6. Tests, exams postponed.
7. All College Oztag trials scheduled for the remained of this week have been postponed until week 1 or 2 next term. Please look for new information as it becomes available.
Updated 30 March 2021
Please be informed:
1. The college is open and will provide supervision for students. Normal classes will not be operating. Buses will be running as usual. OSHC will be open and running as usual. The café/tuckshop will be running as usual.
AS THE SCHOOL IS OPEN: please advise the school if your student is not attending via text message to 0429 784 249.
If your student is leaving early or arriving late, normal procedures also apply: text to 0429 784 249 stating students' full name and reason for early departure.
Parents / Carers are responsible for providing a reason for their students' absences by:
* Phoning Client Services for Students' Absentee Line 5490 2799
* SMS Text Only 0429 784 249
* Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the morning students in Year 7s and 8s to meet under JS
Year 9s to meet under Jnr Secondary
Year 11 & 12 under SL
In the morning students in P-2 will meet in the year 2 eating area and Year 3-6 students will meet in the large yr 5/6 undercover area.
2. Today's Primary assembly has been cancelled.
3. Instrumental Music @ Primary: no practices, the ‘Beginner Bash’ for Year 4 students scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has had to be postponed to a date to be advised in Term 2.
4. Unfortunately the Choir's Assembly performance and practices have had to be cancelled this week.
5. All dance rehearsals including primary are cancelled this week.
Masks (DGs Letter)
Residents of the locked down areas must wear masks indoors, except at home,
including in ride shares, on public transport and in workplaces.
For the rest of Queensland, masks should be worn while indoors, except at
The protocols surrounding mask wearing at schools have not changed, therefore,
staff are not required to wear masks when with students but should consider
wearing masks in places where adults gather, for instance in staffrooms, if
they cannot socially distance.